I Liq Chuan International Fourm

Вернуться   I Liq Chuan International Fourm > Iliqchuan in the World > Main Forum

Закрытая тема

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 17.05.2007, 16:39
GHC GHC вне форума

По умолчанию Understanding I Liq Chuan

Hi everyone!

I´m a Spanish Wing Chun practicioner and I´ve seen your I Liq Chuan videos in YouTube and I´m really impressed (Internet is great!). I´m very interested in your style and its way of working (I´ve found lots of similarities in some exercises I practise) but in Spain there seems not to be any ILC at all .

So I would like to aim you to bring Sifu Sam to Madrid for a seminar or open a school here, or something...

And one more thing: please, a bit more explaination on your concepts, terminology and principles for us non practicioners is it possible? Do you consider your art as a variety of Tai Chi Chuan?

Thanks so much.
Старый 17.05.2007, 21:49
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

GHC,

Hola! Muchas Gracias para los preguntos.

We have had some interest in bringing the Sifu to Madrid in the past, so maybe now would be a good time to set something up.

First, how many people do you think would be interested in attending a workshop there in Madrid?

There are several options for setting up a workshop, for those you should contact the Sifu's secretary, Rose, directly. If you are really interested e-mail me at ashe@aztaichi.org and I will forward her e-mail address to you. Please include "I Liq Chuan" in the subject so i will know it is not spam.

To follow up on some of your other questions;

We do NOT consider our art to be a variation of Taijiquan. I Liq Chuan uses Tai Chi principles and Zen concepts, which basically means balance of Yin and Yang and mindfulness and concentration. You may have already seen my videos on youtube, but in case you have not, here are some I did for local TV where I explain some of the basics and basic concepts of I Liq Chuan.

Channel 15

Channel 12

Channel 10

In our two person practice we focus on what we call "spinning hands" and also "sticky hands".

If you have anymore questions, please feel free to ask!
Старый 18.05.2007, 03:23
GHC GHC вне форума

Hi Ashe, thanks for replying.

Цитата:
We have had some interest in bringing the Sifu to Madrid in the past, so maybe now would be a good time to set something up.

First, how many people do you think would be interested in attending a workshop there in Madrid?
It would be really difficult to say. Please give me make some time and I?ll tell you. I do know interested people all over Spain and from different martial arts.

Цитата:
There are several options for setting up a workshop, for those you should contact the Sifu's secretary, Rose, directly. If you are really interested e-mail me at ashe@aztaichi.org and I will forward her e-mail address to you. Please include "I Liq Chuan" in the subject so i will know it is not spam.
It may will take time, but be sure I?ll do my best.

Цитата:
We do NOT consider our art to be a variation of Taijiquan. I Liq Chuan uses Tai Chi principles and Zen concepts, which basically means balance of Yin and Yang and mindfulness and concentration. You may have already seen my videos on youtube, but in case you have not, here are some I did for local TV where I explain some of the basics and basic concepts of I Liq Chuan.

Channel 15

Channel 12

Channel 10
I?ve seen every video I found and we share concepts and training ideas (don?t think only about Yip Man?s lineage ChiSao). I like so much your forms too, and the Fa Jing shown. About those videos, I think there is a pity when people only sees Tai Chi or Bruce Lee, isn?t it?

I?ve seen the diagram in other post and I?m very intrigated about how do you use it to explain the internal movement.

Thanks again!
Старый 18.05.2007, 10:25
ashe ashe вне форума

there will be some upcoming workshops in Europe at the end of the year. I think that the next workshop in Italy will be in December in case you can make it.

I didn't mind the comparison to Bruce Lee because at least I got to stay on the air a little longer and show some more of the art.
Старый 18.05.2007, 13:22
GHC GHC вне форума

Цитата:
there will be some upcoming workshops in Europe at the end of the year. I think that the next workshop in Italy will be in December in case you can make it.
We´ll keep in contact .

Цитата:
I didn't mind the comparison to Bruce Lee because at least I got to stay on the air a little longer and show some more of the art.
True.
Старый 18.05.2007, 22:50
ashe ashe вне форума

Цитата:
We´ll keep in contact .
looking forward to it!
Старый 17.12.2007, 13:16
Drago Drago вне форума

After doing ILC >8 months with Sifu Jimmy in M'sia and the eye blogging
session with Sifu Sam during his last visit in M'sia, I would say I liq Chuan
is seductive and & additive.

Is I liq chuan = Tai Chi in Push Hand ?

Well, not until yesterday after I have the chance to lay my hand on the Rank No.2/3 of the local Push Hand Enthusiast called "7 Magnificent or Hero"

Any way I had a big smile after log in my hand him.

In simple words, the I Liq Chuan "Spinning Hand" and "Sticky Hand" technique had redundant this grapping / pulling and throwing techinique.
during the 3 minutes sparring session.

Cheers!
Старый 17.12.2007, 21:49
ashe ashe вне форума

i'm not sure the translator worked perfectly for that one...

sounds like you did well?
Старый 18.12.2007, 03:07
Drago Drago вне форума

Dear Ashe,

one of the old timer sifu from other styles told me that, hey Victor , you must always adopt HUMBLE PIE approach, else along the way there will be less and lesser people want to play with you. Just a jokes.

My opponent is a Sifu who teach Push Hand and won Gold Medal in previous M'sia Tai Chi Push Hand competition. He saw me training fa jing exercise at the park & approached me asked if he can Push with me.

To cut it short, when 4 of our hand log on each other, he try to pull / push /
drag my arm, I just apply my little knowledge of sticky & spinning hand application and even purposely put my distant/range/gap very close to him and wanted to learn about him move. ( My advantage is my hand can scroll on his arm and when ever he come in I apply ying yang hand, it redirect his force & application thats why I said his application is redundant in this case. )

To bad he can't catch hold of my arm at all, as when ever he grap I draw ying yang circle and dislodge his graps. Well, he attacked and tried many times ) we had 2 rounds of 3 minutes session and I end up let him push me to the floor to end the session, this is to let him save face, so that he will let me play with him again in future.

My analysis is, It fit into what Sifu Jimmy always said, the differrent btw ILC & Tai Chi training is :

1. Sticky & Spinning Hand
2. Awareness / Feel ( Once I put on my hand on my oponent & I knew what
is the next likely counter attack from him, this is wonderful ).

Disclaimer :

The above description is base on my own detailing. No offen ya!
Старый 19.12.2007, 09:08
ashe ashe вне форума

wow, that was very nice of you to let him push you down.