Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 03.01.2009, 01:58
Chris Newell Chris Newell вне форума

Цитата:
breathing through the nose has certain physiological benefits, none of which i can remember off the top of my head
Nose breathing can calm anxiety particularly if you can combine it with an intentional slowing and deepening, i.e. filling the lungs from bottom to top.
Nose breathing filters the air better than mouth breathing.
And it also warms the breath better than mouth breathing, ideal for all you ILC practitioners in the northern hemisphere in the middle of winter.
Lewis also talks about mouth breathing making red blood cells sticky and restricting oxygen release but he doesn’t reference this “fact” properly so I have my doubts about the veracity of this.
If you train aerobic activities, over time your lung capacity will increase to compensate for the increased oxygen demand of your muscles, which in turn are using oxygen more efficiently.
So if you are fit (a critical consideration), and create a demand for oxygen to feed the fire, mouth breathing can deliver oxygen more efficiently to the lungs than nose breathing because you can fill your lungs more quickly.