Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 04.12.2008, 23:40
Chris Newell Chris Newell вне форума

OK, got it guys. Thanks, that makes sence. I can't recall hearing of the strategy being described that way but I wouldn't be suprised if it isn't on some list of "things to keep in mind" while you're not thinking about what you're doing.
Ashe I've been with the Loftus St. mob for about 6 years now, before that I trained several different external and internal styles and have settled on ILC. I'm middle aged, a fit 55 years old, and have shifted my focus onto longevity rather than getting too juiced up sparring. I've found my recovery periods take longer and longer. But it's great too see the photos etc. like Gongfu posted and get a buzz vicariously through other members taking advantage of the skills on the mat that ILC offers. I wish I'd found this art a little earlier because I've always had a personal style of closing the gap and I particularily enjoyed the JJ skills I've learned. I'm not the least bit suprised that ILC practitioners do well in the ring if you have an apptitude for sparring and some background skills in what to do after you make contact (and take control!).
A good session spinning keeps me satisfied and our group tends to keep it all fairly soft and we work on sensitivity and the mindfullness practice.