I Liq Chuan International Fourm

Вернуться   I Liq Chuan International Fourm > Iliqchuan in the World > Main Forum

Закрытая тема

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 07.01.2008, 13:38
Antonio Antonio вне форума

По умолчанию Some questions

Hello,
My name is Antonio and I live in Portugal.
I was very impressed with some videos I saw in youtube, specially with the explanations about the 6 points.
I would like to know more about the system. Since there are no instructors here and for the moment the possibilities to atend a seminar abroad are remote, I would like to ask if the DVD's available are only for practicioners that have attended a workshop (we only see the action, there are no explanations) or anyone can learn from them?.
I know it is not possible to learn a martial art from videos but, since I have some experience from the past (Aikido, wing chun and presently an internal chi kung style), what DVD would you advise?

thank you
Antonio
Старый 07.01.2008, 23:43
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

Antonio,

welcome to the ILC forum!

for a beginner looking to learn more about I Liq Chuan, I would recommend the following DVD's in order of importance;

1) 3-day DVD; this was filmed at a workshop and is geared towards beginners. the 3 Day DVD is a broad overview of the whole system for those who are just beginning to explore the art of I Liq Chuan. it's I Liq Chuan 101.

2) 15 Basic Exercises DVD; this disc covers the jibengong 基本功 (basic exercises) of I Liq Chuan. This disc is fundamental for those who want to really begin to look into I Liq Chuan.

4) 21 Form DVD; this disc goes into depth on I Liq Chuan's unique 21 form, and covers both choreography and application. Master Sam uses this form as a tool to refine students on the correct applications of I Liq Chuan concepts.

5) Sticky & Spinning Hands - Upper Hands Process DVD; this was also filmed at a workshop and is geared towards beginners who want to learn the fundamentals of the I Liq Chuan's Spinning Hands and Upper Hand method. This disc goes into more depth on I Liq Chuan's partner training.

6) Sticky Hands - Introduction to Lower Hand Process DVD; this was filmed in the workout room at Master Sam's and is geared towards those who are more familiar with I Liq Chuan and want to learn the fundamentals of the Lower Hand method as well as some of the finer points I Liq Chuan's Spinning Hands.

7) Chin-Na: A Flowing Process; this disc is intended for the advanced student of I Liq Chuan and covers our seizing and grabbing training. Those individuals without a firm understanding of I Liq Chuan will find it difficult to get much out of this disc.

I would also highly recommend getting at least the system guide as well, since it provides on outline of the structure of the entire system.

If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Последний раз редактировалось ashe, 08.01.2008 в 00:49.
Старый 08.01.2008, 12:18
Antonio Antonio вне форума

Hi Ashe,

Many thanks for your swift reply.
I will follow your advise. Just one more question; in seminars and workshops, does the complete system is explained or usually each seminar is focused in one aspect of the system?

Regards
Antonio
Старый 08.01.2008, 22:22
ashe ashe вне форума

A,

workshops always follow the same format;

1) 15 basic exercises
2) spinning hands
3) sticky hands

we say the art is like an onion. it's the same thing every time, you just keep on peeling and peeling and peeling to get a little deeper each time. how deep Master Sam will go in any given workshop depends on who's there and how well they're absorbing the information.

most of the clips from my youtube page are clips of past workshops here in phoenix, if that gives you a better idea of what a workshop is like.

my Russian brother Sergei also has many clips of workshops in Moscow on his youtube page.
Старый 13.01.2008, 11:28
Igor_R Igor_R вне форума

По умолчанию How to begin with I Liq Chuan?

I am Igor from Slovenia. I want to learn the basics of Liq Chuan. I trained Karate, Jujitsu, Taijiquan, Muay Thai,.. What resurces do you suggest for distance learning of ILC?
I am interested (for now) only for the basics of this system, not for the whole one. What could be the essential set for me?
I just ordered the ILQ book and the 15 Basic Exercises DVD (I did that because a suggestion that I received). Is I saw from Ashes's DVDs description and recommendations probably the next could be 3-day DVD and 21 Form DVD!?
Старый 14.01.2008, 07:02
ashe ashe вне форума

Цитата:
Is I saw from Ashes's DVDs description and recommendations probably the next could be 3-day DVD and 21 Form DVD!?
Welcome to the I Liq Chuan Forum!

Those would be good choices.

Your English seems quite good, but if you are more comfortable with Russian i suggest heading over to the Russian site, where all the videos are offered in Russian language format.

Последний раз редактировалось ashe, 14.01.2008 в 07:05.
Старый 05.02.2008, 13:22
Peter Peter вне форума

По умолчанию ILC Training in Central Europe

Цитата:
I am Igor from Slovenia. I want to learn the basics of Liq Chuan. I trained Karate, Jujitsu, Taijiquan, Muay Thai,.. What resurces do you suggest for distance learning of ILC?
Hi Igor,

If you get a chance, why don't you come up to Vienna, Austria and train with us? We try to train ILC Tuesdays and Thursdays from about 6:30pm to 8pm, very close to the Südbahnhof (South Train Station). Just send an email or SMS in advance to confirm that we'll be training that day.

I-Liq Chuan Austria:
http://translate.google.com/translat...&hl=en&ie=UTF8

Plus, you may want to think about attending the ILC seminar in Paris on the first weekend in March, and another ILC seminar in mid-April in Riga, Latvia (only 90 minutes from Vienna by plane).

Peter
Закрытая тема