I Liq Chuan International Fourm

Вернуться   I Liq Chuan International Fourm > Iliqchuan in the World > Main Forum

Закрытая тема

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 23.05.2007, 07:32
Steve Bobs Steve Bobs вне форума

По умолчанию Flow on Point

When we play spinning or sticky hands, many of us offer up our hands to our partners and then start to play. What is important is that BEFORE we offer up our hands we harmonize ourselves with the spinning force of co-ordination. This means that the 3 circles are already going, the body is sunk slightly and ready to absorb and project and that the reaching out is process of expanding.
An analogy would be a car race. When your at the line the engine is already started , the car is in gear and your foot is ready to press the gas. If not then you've already made things difficult for yourself and will quite likely loose the race !

This was made very evident to me when I played with Mr. Yapp and Franky when they came over last year. If I didn't have the spinning force of co-ordination, absorb/project, etc then I was constantly playing catch-up.

Steve
Старый 23.05.2007, 11:56
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

spinning and so on is not the cause, just part of the effect.

mindfulness is the cause.
Старый 06.10.2007, 13:29

What do you mean Ashe ?
Старый 11.10.2007, 00:00
Qiang Qiang вне форума

Well, I'll take a stab at this. I think what Ashe means is the establishing the spinning force of coordination is not itself the reason you can harmonize with your partner. Rather, what allows you to harmonize with your partner is being present and in the moment. It's the ability to direct your mental attentions (i.e. mindfulness) that allows your harmonize first yourself (establish the body awareness for the spinning force, absorb-project, etc) and then to harmonize with your partner.

If you lose the mindfulness, you are no longer in the moment. You lose your ability to perceive your partner's energies and also can no longer unify your body to harmonize with your partner's force. Consequently, you feel like you're just a step behind during the partner interactions.

It's not the most well-worded explanation, but hopefully I'm not egregiously wrong.

Последний раз редактировалось Qiang, 11.10.2007 в 01:19.
Старый 11.10.2007, 22:56
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

yep, that's exactly what i meant.
Старый 13.10.2007, 05:12

Hi guys,
Yeah I agree that the spinning force is not the reason of it'self that one can harmonise with the opponent but that it is part of the mindfulness of the self. My point being that if oneself isn't unified and a part of this process is the spinning force of co-ordination, along with the other concepts, that it's difficult to play and stay in the moment because before you start you are already not there. I was just looking for some more understanding of the wording that you used Ashe and so thanks for the translation Qiang.
Steve
Старый 13.10.2007, 05:12

Hi guys,
Yeah I agree that the spinning force is not the reason of it'self that one can harmonise with the opponent but that it is part of the mindfulness of the self. My point being that if oneself isn't unified and a part of this process is the spinning force of co-ordination, along with the other concepts, that it's difficult to play and stay in the moment because before you start you are already not there. I was just looking for some more understanding of the wording that you used Ashe and so thanks for the translation Qiang.
Steve
Закрытая тема