I Liq Chuan International Fourm

Вернуться   I Liq Chuan International Fourm > Iliqchuan in the World > News

Закрытая тема

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 04.11.2007, 23:15
lipyeow lipyeow вне форума

По умолчанию Visit to North Carolina Oct 5-6

My family and i drove down to NC on Oct 5 to attend a wedding. I took the opportunity to visit many tai chi friends & students, as well as the NC ILC group. (Most of my former Tai Chi students are now part of the ILC group anyway).

First stop was Henry Lai's new house set in the woods in Chapel Hill -- really nice. Henry is yang stylist and a tai chi friend of a long time. He was also the one who encouraged me to start the Duke Tai Chi club. We spin hands for a bit and since his latest thing is Hapkido, he wanted to try the hapkido stuff on me -- his Hapkido Kotegaeshi didn't quite work out ... at one point he managed to wrap one of his arm over my waist, the only thing i could do at that point is to keep pressing the one hand i had on his torso to prevent him from aligning up to a complete push/sweep ... very close call (note that Henry is much bigger than i am) ... i was quite pleased that at one point i manage to use one technique that Rich Vespa taught me where from top hand, my RH dip into sagittal and then back up into a push into the armpit. That's a great technique when you get the opportunity ... * Thanks Rich! *

The next morning i visited the Duke Tai Chi club sat morning class -- Ben is now the instructor. Spinned with Hilton who is strong as a bull -- working as a car mechanic gives your ILC a certain edge ... then i spinned with Ben, who is becoming really good. These guys are going to be able to kick my ass really soon! Also managed to touch with Carol ... manage to do the "dropping the energy" lower than her mass thing on her from bottom hand ... only person i missed was Cathy. oh well next time.

US folks, if you pass by Raleigh-Durham area, check out the NC ILC group.

Lipyeow
Старый 05.11.2007, 21:54
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

i'm looking forward to spinning with ben again. i know he had a really good foundation last year.