I Liq Chuan International Fourm

Вернуться   I Liq Chuan International Fourm > Iliqchuan in the World > Main Forum

Закрытая тема

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 24.03.2009, 16:36
ben ben вне форума

По умолчанию Workshop in NC this past weekend

We had Sifu in town this weekend for a workshop. Pictures to come later, but I thought you'd all be interested in hearing what we learned.

Sifu spent a long time discussing the importance of the circle with the center, and being aware of the vertical and horizontal lines that can define the center.

To focus on this with as much precision as possible we did a variation of absorb and project, heavily focused on feeling the yin muscles while absorbing, yang while projecting (similar to the condense/expand exercise) - and feeling the mediation that occurs when we cross the horizontal line.

We continued to work on the quarters of the circle while doing the "looping to pull" exercises.

We went through the 15 basic exercises more focused on feeling these qualities, and then spent some time working on fajin, trying to feel how the correct unification requires an understanding of how the arcs of the circle have to be connected.

Then we also did some throwing hands to bridge and strike.

For me personally this workshop really helped to clarify my understanding of some of the work we did at the intensive this year.

-Ben
Старый 25.03.2009, 02:20
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

sounds good. Sifu usually teaches the same material all around the country as students progress so i imagine that the material will be much the same when he comes out here next month.

can't wait!
Старый 26.03.2009, 00:46
GONGFU GONGFU вне форума
Administrator

Отправить сообщение для GONGFU с помощью Skype™

It is good! I try to see all around through the circle and the cross. What kind of partner training you did on this workshop?
Старый 27.03.2009, 14:33
ben ben вне форума

I try to see the circle and cross too, though frankly right now i'm trying to re-unify my body to the point of contact after a pretty significant structural change the sifu made for me at this workshop.

partner training: (may have missed some)

looping to pull in the three planes. - Sifu talked about the importance of the circle with center, and about the difference between "hardware" and "software". My understanding is that by hardware he means the circles inherent in the body at a certain shape, while software means the circle of movement which you propel at the point of contact.

2 variations of defending strikes - the first - take a shape that offers either your inside or outside for a strike, partner strikes, you cut to the elbow/shoulder (if punch is outside) or point to armpit (if punch is inside) - second - partner punches inside, you make contact and close to to the shoulder line, then to the horizontal plane in order to strike. We practiced this with only one hand, but Sifu demonstrated it with two hands/more freely. He also demonstrated why if you close all the way to the center instead of to the shoulder line you can't have constant attacking. (With all this work he encouraged us to start with far range, but showed us medium and close range. Something i didn't ask him about but observed was that at far and close range he used first section, at medium range he moved closer to second)

He also showed us how to use the circle with center to achieve an accurate point of application for fajin and we trained that a little. He also had us do sticky hands.

Sifu also showed us how to combine the throwing hands when a partner strikes in a more general way. for instance a punch comes in, i throw my left hand north outside-in to intercept/knock their structure, this clears the way for the right hand to throw inside out east/west to strike.

Will check my notes later and add any additional two person exercises I'm forgetting.

Последний раз редактировалось ben, 27.03.2009 в 15:52. Причина: adding one more thing
Старый 28.03.2009, 00:57
GONGFU GONGFU вне форума
Administrator

Отправить сообщение для GONGFU с помощью Skype™

You are very lucky. Sigong showed many interesting ways for training. When we can see the photo from this workshop?
Старый 30.03.2009, 02:46
ben ben вне форума

Yes, this workshop was amazing! I hope to post some pictures soon. I was able to take some video at this workshop and with the Sifu's permission will put some excerpts on youtube very soon. Pictures will be coming soon as well.

One more thing that the Sifu had us work on was kicking. He spent some time talking about the need to kick low, medium high, and up to down, down to up. Some of this was clarification on the kicking that we'd done before but some of it was new for me. The kicking from up to down was almost like stomping, or walking through mud and smashing the foot down, outside to in, inside to out, forward, backward.
Старый 09.04.2009, 04:42
Tom Tom вне форума

Thanks for the detailed recounting of the seminar, Ben. I'm hoping to make it to the Arizona seminar in a couple of weekends, and this gives me an idea of what to expect.

cheers,

Tom
Старый 10.04.2009, 04:29
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

hey tom, welcome to the ILC forum!

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск