I Liq Chuan International Fourm

Вернуться   I Liq Chuan International Fourm > Iliqchuan in the World > Off topic discussion

Закрытая тема

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 16.03.2009, 00:33
ben ben вне форума

По умолчанию Martial arts gear questions

Don't know if this should go in off topic or not, so I'm putting it here.

In the interest of me being able to continue to practice without destroying my knees, I would like to pick up a knee brace and a pair of training/mat/indoor shoes.

So any recs would be appreciated. For the knee brace I'm looking for something that will stabilize the knee more than just a compression sleeve will.

thanks
Старый 16.03.2009, 19:43
Peter Peter вне форума

Hi Ben,

If possible, a doctor or therapist should have a good look at your knees, and suggest a course of action. Of course, they may just say "Tough luck, there's nothing we can do." If that's the case, I know people who have had some success with glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate supplements.

Medical studies are inconclusive about these (http://www.wellsphere.com/endurance-...thritis/598411), but numerous people have mentioned that their knees aren't as sore when they regularly take the supplements.

The other thing you might look into are exercises to strengthen your thigh muscles - sometimes knee pain is aggravated by imbalances between the thigh and hamstring muscles.

Good luck, I hope you find a solution to minimize the pain so you can continue training.

Peter
Старый 17.03.2009, 03:57
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

i would go to an orthopedist or PT and get the kind that pro skiers use after they trash their knees in a wipe-out.

something like this http://jointhealing.com/pages/produc...iprosport.html
Старый 19.03.2009, 03:25
Bmeeks0 Bmeeks0 вне форума

Цитата:
Don't know if this should go in off topic or not, so I'm putting it here.

In the interest of me being able to continue to practice without destroying my knees, I would like to pick up a knee brace and a pair of training/mat/indoor shoes.

So any recs would be appreciated. For the knee brace I'm looking for something that will stabilize the knee more than just a compression sleeve will.

thanks
My right knee gives me some trouble sometimes. I found as long as I'm stretching well and take a calcium/magnezium/zinc supplament then I don't have an trouble out of it. My neighbor two doors over is developing new braces made out of Navy seal wetsuit material(or something like that) they are currently making them cheep for friends. If you're interested I could see about getting you one. If you haven't tried a C/M/Z supplament I would recomend it.
Старый 19.03.2009, 06:23
Qiang Qiang вне форума

I don't know anything on knee supports that you don't already know. I'll suggest aqua socks/water shoes for indoor shoes though. I find that flat soled (and thinner soled) shoes strengthen my feet and force me to activate my ankles and lower leg muscles properly. I imagine that would help with the knees a little bit. Plus aqua socks tend to be pretty cheap. Wrestling shoes, weight lifting shoes, or Chuck Taylors are also supposed to be flat soled if you want shoes that more substantial than aqua socks.
Закрытая тема