I Liq Chuan International Fourm

Вернуться   I Liq Chuan International Fourm > Iliqchuan in the World > Main Forum

Закрытая тема

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 01.05.2009, 15:57
ben ben вне форума

Hey Peter,

you ask the best questions!

for me, how I describe I Liq Chuan depends on who I'm talking to and how long I have. "a martial art of awareness" is almost always how I start though.

I usually try to hit on some main ideas, starting with the idea of awareness over technique, the idea of unifying - first with the self, then with the partner, start very basic like that and let them ask questions. That way I can see how they're interpreting what I'm saying and help them understand what it is.
Старый 01.05.2009, 16:29
Bmeeks0 Bmeeks0 вне форума

ILC is the western boxing of Chinese IMA.
Старый 03.05.2009, 02:37
Chris Newell Chris Newell вне форума

Цитата:
I've heard some people describe ILC as a kind of "Fighting Taiji", but Sifu makes it quite clear that while ILC is based on Taiji and Zen principles (yin/yang etc.), it is definitely not a form of Taijiquan. So how would you guys describe the art of I Liq Chuan to others?

Peter
Most other martial arts are based on accumulating physical techniques.
Sam does describe ILC as a “Martial art of awareness” and I think it’s the fusion of the mindfulness practice with the movement (based on tai chi principles) that makes ILC unique. We try and bring the Zen practice of being fully aware in the moment to movement and martial application.
So ideally you are relaxed and adaptable to the situation and can absorb and project energy as required to suit the circumstances.
We practice by developing improved tactile and such-ness feel. Such-ness feel is, in my experience, transcendent and quiet short lived. Tactile feel requires the development of concentration and attention and this leads to rational analysis of what we are doing and how we do it. The object is to increase such-ness feel (that is associated with practice and repetition (right practice and attitude etc)) as well as a clear rational understanding of what and how we are ‘doing it’. Then drop the analysis and just do it.
Старый 07.05.2009, 16:54
Peter Peter вне форума

I found this comment at http://www.aikidojournal.com/article?articleID=216
Цитата:
There are basically 3 ways to defend from an attack and all three are effective if they are individually used as they were originally conceived. We have force meets force arts, such as karate, boxing, taekwondo and other striking arts. Secondly, we have the grappling arts such as Judo, Wrestling, etc. Third we have the avoidance arts such as aikido and some forms of Jujitsu etc.
While Chin Family I Liq Chuan contains elements of each of the basic martial arts systems (force meets force/grappling/avoidance), to me, it appears primarily to be an avoidance art in the context of the above classification.

Peter
Старый 07.05.2009, 19:05
Bmeeks0 Bmeeks0 вне форума

From what little I know about it I would agree.
Старый 08.05.2009, 03:56
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

Цитата:
I found this comment at http://www.aikidojournal.com/article?articleID=216

While Chin Family I Liq Chuan contains elements of each of the basic martial arts systems (force meets force/grappling/avoidance), to me, it appears primarily to be an avoidance art in the context of the above classification.

Peter
i'm not sure it's so cut and dried like that. just look at mohammed ali's footwork and you'll see plenty of avoidance,
Старый 31.05.2009, 14:05
Peter Peter вне форума

По умолчанию "Guided Chaos"

A friend recently lent me a book about a self-defense system called "Guided Chaos", which was developed by a police officer in New York City. (http://www.attackproof.com/)

I was surprised to see much of the philosophy and training methods are similar to I Liq Chuan (perhaps because both systems utilize Tai Chi principles?):

For example, Guided Chaos is based on the principles of "balance, body unity, looseness and sensitivity".

The book also discusses the importance of concepts like flow, stickiness, maintaining a strong stance, etc. They even have a partner exercise called "Contact Flow" that looks a lot like spinning hands ...

In fact, the only major difference I have seen so far is that Guided Chaos advises against squaring off to the opponent (i.e., hips squared toward the opponent), in favor off standing at an angle in order to minimize the target area on your body. Guided Chaos appears to be quite popular among law enforcement and ex-military.

Peter
Закрытая тема

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск