I Liq Chuan International Fourm

Вернуться   I Liq Chuan International Fourm > Iliqchuan in the World > Main Forum

Закрытая тема

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 16.10.2008, 11:38
Peter Peter вне форума

По умолчанию What MA did you train before discovering I Liq Chuan?

I've noticed that most I Liq Chuan practitioners have a background in other martial arts. My background is in Jujitsu and Chen Taijiquan, and I've recently practiced ILC with others who have trained in Sambo, Yang-style Taijiquan, Wing Tsun, Chen Taijiquan, White Crane and Karate.

What MA did you train before discovering I Liq Chuan, and what is it about ILC that appeals to you?

Peter

Последний раз редактировалось Peter, 31.10.2008 в 14:38.
Старый 16.10.2008, 14:25
dimitri dimitri вне форума

Отправить сообщение для  dimitri с помощью ICQ Отправить сообщение для dimitri с помощью Skype™

Hi, Peter !
Sambo.
Старый 17.10.2008, 10:18
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

i actually started out with ILC although i've been exposed to a bit of JJ since.
Старый 21.10.2008, 12:13
Peter Peter вне форума

Цитата:
i actually started out with ILC although i've been exposed to a bit of JJ since.
What kind of JJ stuff have you been exposed to - randori, joint locks, throws? I find I Liq Chuan shares some similarities with JJ, but the training methods are much more gentle, so there is less chance of injury, which becomes increasingly important as one ages.

Peter
Старый 23.10.2008, 00:34
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

it was basically a modified BJJ. i say modified because the guy would just show a few moves, but didn't have a curriculum of any sort.

it was fun to train with him and it was a good workout but nothing near the level of what the Sifu shows us.
Старый 31.10.2008, 13:24
Miro

I started with Shotokan Karate, following with grasps of diverse Wushu styles, after that I spent long time with Yang style Taiji Chuan and San Feng style Taiji Chuan, in last years I'm trying to learn I Liq Chuan.

Miro
Старый 31.10.2008, 16:39
Steve Bobs Steve Bobs вне форума

Hi guys,

I spent a couple of years as a kid boxing. Then wing chun, qigong and ilc at 30. I had to stop wing chun due to other commitments a few years back, which was a shame as I enjoyed the club.

I find that ilc gives me much more than just learning about fighting, it enhances everything in my life, it constantly guides me to expand my awareness. I am a better person for it I thank my lucky stars that I met Master Alex Lim and that he introduced me to this amazing art.

Steve
Старый 31.10.2008, 17:36
Marty Marty вне форума

I did some boxing and judo when I was a kid - a long time ago- and started ILC a little over two years ago.
Старый 31.10.2008, 18:14
Peter Peter вне форума

In addition to Jujitsu and Chen Taijiquan, which I studied for a number of years, I also attended various seminars for Wing Tsun, Krav Maga and Kobudo (traditional weapons such as bo, sai, tonfa and nunchaku), just to see what they were like. I've never tried boxing, which would interest me.

I discovered that whether you are studying weapons or empty-hand systems, it all comes down to balance, stability and the right body structure (stance, angles, etc.). ILC focuses on these issues right at the beginning of training, which makes a lot of sense.

Peter
Старый 12.11.2008, 23:54
Peter Peter вне форума

We now have a Yiquan guy in our study group - an experienced martial artist. Some of Yiquan's training methods seem similar to spinning hands, but they tend to use a lot more pressure and driving force forwards. It turns spinning hands into a real workout.

Peter
Закрытая тема