I Liq Chuan International Fourm

Вернуться   I Liq Chuan International Fourm > Iliqchuan in the World > Sifu says

Закрытая тема

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 07.07.2007, 11:52
Motomo94 Motomo94 вне форума

По умолчанию Sifu Says: Awareness Of Yi, Chi, Li

First please create a new topic called Sifu says....
But for now..

Sifu Says: Awareness Of Yi, Chi, Li
By: Robert Hoffmann M.A.
Date: 06 July 2007

Last week in the Pleasant Valley class, Sifu expounded on the importance of maintaining awareness of the interdependence of Yi (mindfulness), Chi (“internal” energy) and Li (physical force expression). Sifu asked that this edition of “Sifu Says” deal specifically with the interconnection among these three aspects of iliqchuan.

It is important to be aware of how Yi (awareness), Chi (“internal” energy) and Li (physical force expression) coordinate in the practice of iliqchuan. Iliqchuan, is not separate from the wholeness of being. Iliqchuan is an art of awareness. Awareness reveals the interdependence between the nature of mind, , internal energy and physical result. These three aspects must coordinate without a gap in order for ones expression fo iliqchuan to reach the higher levels. Naturally, when students can coordinate these three aspects of being without fault, the mind stays calm and the ability to remain dynamically balanced is enhanced, without effort or egotistical attachment.

On this point Sifu said, “It is important to emphasize how to use awareness, in order to make sure the chi is correct. Having chi coordinated with awareness, you can be sure physical force is there. This is the meaning of Yi Tao, Chi Tao, Li Tao.”

Literally translated, “Yi Tao, Chi Tao, Li Tao” means “mind way, energy way and physical force way”. Mind-way, coordinated with Energy-way, coordinating with Physical force expression results in what may be observed as technique.

In the same class Sifu added more wisdom to his explanation of “Yi Tao, Chi Tao, Li Tao”. Specifically, Sifu said, “you must know how to recognize the mind. Recognizing the nature of mind is to recognize cause and consequence. Cause and consequence are sequential, and impact everything. Because iliqchuan understands the interplay of mindfulness with expression, only students of iliqchuan can understand iliqchuan”.

For example, when people try to put iliqchuan into the conceptual “package” of another art, conceptual limitations come into play, creating a conflict of comprehension. The conflict of comprehension is based on past habits and judgment. Habit and judgment prevent mindfulness. Consequently, since iliqchuan deals with the nature of mindfulness fundamentally, the presence of conceptual conflict blocks the mind from resting on mind and thus hinders full potential and natural response without effort.

Sometimes it may seem difficult to recognize and realize the nature of mind directly. Fortunately, owing to the interdependence of things, it is possible to use the body to support mindfulness. Specifically related to the effective coordination of Yi Tao, Chi Tao and Li Tao, Sifu recommended the following postural considerations.

“Simultaneously balance the dan-tien and ming-men. Work on these two things, work on them together, then the body will be available to recognizing and realizing the coordination of Yi, Chi and Li.”
After such a wonderful teaching, Im sure I speak for all students in saying, “Thank You Sifu”.
Старый 07.07.2007, 19:07
Steve Bobs Steve Bobs вне форума

Yes, Thankyou Sifu and thankyou Robert.

This sort of thread is just what we need to aid our training

Steve
Старый 08.07.2007, 22:53
Adrian Lee Adrian Lee вне форума

Thanks for posting this Robert. Good to hear from you. I believe it's been at least two years since I've seen you. Hope all is well.
Старый 10.07.2007, 12:07
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

hey rob,

glad to see you're still at it! i wasn't sure if you were still training or not.
Старый 29.07.2007, 10:03
NYRobert NYRobert вне форума

По умолчанию Thanks Guys

Glad you all liked the posting. Until recently, Ive been very deeply involved in important family matters. Im glad to have the opportunity to contribute more at this time. I look forward to learning and sharing more. Best wishes to all.
Sincerely,
me.
Старый 27.08.2007, 11:57
ashe ashe вне форума

hey rob just a small detail that some one pointed out to me and i think it's worth clarifying that yi dao, qi dao, li dao should be translated as "yi arrives, the qi arrives and power arrives" and not "yi way, qi way, li way".

Старый 29.08.2007, 06:17
Vatican Vatican вне форума

Отправить сообщение для Vatican с помощью Skype™

Цитата:
hey rob just a small detail that some one pointed out to me and i think it's worth clarifying that yi dao, qi dao, li dao should be translated as "yi arrives, the qi arrives and power arrives" and not "yi way, qi way, li way".
Hi everybody, hi Ashe!
If it was coorectly understood, Sigong spoke about the interconnection of Yi, Chi, an Li. And in this context the character "dao" ("way") looks more suitable then the character "dao" ("to arrive"). The character "dao", which means "to arrive' is mostly used in the modern chinese language, and is not wide used in the classical literary chinese language.
Maybe the best translation for the character "dao"-way in this case is the ''way of doing smth" - just like on of the meanings of the word "way" in the english language.
Старый 31.08.2007, 02:04
ashe ashe вне форума

i know that the Sifu has said it in english "when the yi is there, then the qi will be there and then li can be there".

as long as we understand what he means is what's important i guess.