I Liq Chuan International Fourm

Вернуться   I Liq Chuan International Fourm > Iliqchuan in the World > Off topic discussion

Закрытая тема

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 05.05.2009, 23:33
ensatus ensatus вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ensatus с помощью Skype™
По умолчанию Time Warp series

As I am currently watching these, highly recommend to anyone – Time Warp series on Discovery channel. Those guys basically take camera able to record in super slow motion mode and film different interesting actions which usually can not seen by a naked eye, so you can see what actually happens step by step. If I am not mistaken, they have filmed almost 2 seasons, you can find them also on internet.

By the way, martial arts have not been let out as well. Here are two martial arts videos:
part of episode 1
part of episode 7
Старый 06.05.2009, 03:08
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

neat. thanks for sharing.
Старый 08.05.2009, 06:50
Qiang Qiang вне форума

That was interesting. I wish they had spent more time on the samurai footage. They gave the breaking guys over 8 minutes.
Старый 08.05.2009, 12:09
ensatus ensatus вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ensatus с помощью Skype™

Цитата:
That was interesting. I wish they had spent more time on the samurai footage. They gave the breaking guys over 8 minutes.
The samurai guy is James Williams. You can find more info on him here. There are some more videos with him on that site as well.

By the way, what do you have to say about him? Is he a real master? I remember reading some place that he is only selling cutting fantasy and got no real skills. Pardon me for these words if I am wrong. I am only interested as to how good are those guys that appear on Discovery channel. I mean - is being on Discovery channel enough of evidence that you see the best experts out there, or that still does not mean anything.

I wonder how would I Liq Chuan moves or fa jin look like in slow motion. Would it be noticeable or would it not look spectacular at all in slow motion. Since as I understand, the bigger master you are, the simpler and less noticeable it is from a regular viewer's angle.

P.S. If I am not mistaken, there are other martial arts episodes on these series as well. Maybe later I will try to find and post those links as well.
Старый 19.05.2009, 06:40
Qiang Qiang вне форума

I have no idea is James Williams is a real master or not. Being on a t.v. show doesn't make you the best master out there, probably just one of the better publicized ones. Getting yourself seen and well known is more about marketing and PR than actual skill (this is true in general, not just martial arts). At any rate, I just found the cutting fascinating and entertaining. I knew those blades were sharp, but it doesn't sink in to exactly how sharp they are until you see them cut through things.

My guess would be that I-Liq Chuan movements in slow mo wouldn't look quite as flashy (though it would be neat for me personally to see). I imagine a lot of martial movements probably wouldn't look all that interesting to the general public; biomechanics guys and other martial artists might enjoy the footage.

Цитата:
The samurai guy is James Williams. You can find more info on him here. There are some more videos with him on that site as well.

By the way, what do you have to say about him? Is he a real master? I remember reading some place that he is only selling cutting fantasy and got no real skills. Pardon me for these words if I am wrong. I am only interested as to how good are those guys that appear on Discovery channel. I mean - is being on Discovery channel enough of evidence that you see the best experts out there, or that still does not mean anything.

I wonder how would I Liq Chuan moves or fa jin look like in slow motion. Would it be noticeable or would it not look spectacular at all in slow motion. Since as I understand, the bigger master you are, the simpler and less noticeable it is from a regular viewer's angle.

P.S. If I am not mistaken, there are other martial arts episodes on these series as well. Maybe later I will try to find and post those links as well.
Старый 19.05.2009, 18:30
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

Цитата:
I mean - is being on Discovery channel enough of evidence that you see the best experts out there, or that still does not mean anything.
as i understand it, everything on the discovery channel is independently produced. basically anyone can make something for them and as long as it's got high production quality and is entertaining they'll air it, so it's no indication one way or the other.

Цитата:
I wonder how would I Liq Chuan moves or fa jin look like in slow motion.
i remember ben telling me that he was watching one of the demo clips with the Sifu on his mac (in slow motion) and that you could see him using all the different circles in his joints. i think the high quality slow motion video would be cool to have of the Sifu.

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск