I Liq Chuan International Fourm

Вернуться   I Liq Chuan International Fourm > Iliqchuan in the World > Main Forum

Закрытая тема

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 10.12.2008, 09:05
Peter Peter вне форума

По умолчанию Importance of spinning hands?

Spinning hands is a key aspect of ILC, but one that has a pretty steep learning curve.

How is spinning hands integrated into your regular training? For example, is spinning hands a part of each and every class, or do you have separate classes devoted to spinning hands?

What would be a good balance in terms of time devoted to the 15 basic exercises and the time dedicated to spinning?

Peter
Старый 10.12.2008, 23:09
Chris Newell Chris Newell вне форума

Our group here in Perth practices spinning hands (SH) every class. We do soft and hard, static and moving. We rotate members to get different feels with different members. We practice upper and lower control, add pushes and pulls etc. while we focus on absorb and project. Sometimes we do SH while sitting too which gives you a bit of a break with your structure in that you can just forget your lower body for a while.
When I'm on my own I pratice the 8 spins in the frontal and horizontal plane, I can only really find 4 practical spins in the sagital plane althought there are more. Then I do them with movement ie. footwork, big to small, close to far, that sort of thing and sprinkle them through a review of the 15 basics (see underlined). As in it's easy to see a connection between N, S, E and W and SH as well as concave and convex. Depending on how I feel this can keep me busy for 10 min to 2 hours if I have the time. I try to connect with some aspect of the 15 basics eveyday.
Старый 11.12.2008, 00:53
VEB VEB вне форума

I'm only starting to learn this. Since our regular group is too new, we are only getting to 1st circle with the group.

With my regular training partner we are moving slightly ahead - 1st, 2nd and 5th circle so far.

Since we meet almost everyday for about 30-60 minutes, around one half of this time is devoted to spinning hands.

I hope to get to all the circles soon, and then will gradually start adding elements like movements, different distances, etc.
Старый 12.12.2008, 08:53
Peter Peter вне форума

We had our first session last night that was completely dedicated to spinning. While spinning, the instructor also tested my stance integrity, pushing or pulling me off balance whenever he detected a weakness in my structure.

So spinning looks like a real starting-off point for learning how to deal with a person who wants to break through your defense in order to strike you and/or unbalance you.

I'm curious what other aspects of self-defense will come into play as I become more familiar with spinning - maybe chinna (joint-locks) and striking?

Peter
Старый 13.12.2008, 11:24
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

Цитата:
While spinning, the instructor also tested my stance integrity, pushing or pulling me off balance whenever he detected a weakness in my structure.

that's a double edge sword. there's so many skills contained within spinning hands that it can be hard for a beginner to develop when he or she is constantly being off balanced.

i usually save any off balancing for sticky hand and free play.
Старый 13.12.2008, 20:37
Peter Peter вне форума

Цитата:
that's a double edge sword. there's so many skills contained within spinning hands that it can be hard for a beginner to develop when he or she is constantly being off balanced.

i usually save any off balancing for sticky hand and free play.
Ashe,

I do have some experience at spinning hands, and I wasn't constantly being off-balanced - just a gentle reminder here and there to encourage me to re-focus my attention on my structure. Are you planning to attend the Intensive in February?

Peter
Старый 13.12.2008, 23:52
Chris Newell Chris Newell вне форума

Цитата:
I'm curious what other aspects of self-defense will come into play as I become more familiar with spinning - maybe chinna (joint-locks) and striking?
Our group spends quite a bit of time just spinning trying to feel your partners force at the point of contact. No footwork just static. Although you can learn to lock a person up by capturing thier centre of mass, sooner or later, if it's self defence, you have to do something. So we do light taps to shoulders or the chest if our opponents projection and point of contact dissapears, something that seems very common in the south projection. Pulls are good, if your partner is pushing and loses their structure, and these naturally lead into chin na. Your JJ will come in handy Peter.
We try and avoid a free for all because you tend to lose the sensitivity. So it is good to have partners who can feed you a sensation, if that makes sence.
Старый 14.12.2008, 08:32
Peter Peter вне форума

Цитата:
So it is good to have partners who can feed you a sensation, if that makes sence.
Yes, it makes sense. I think this is what Sifu refers to as "giving the proper energy". He also mentioned, IIRC, that being able to feed the proper energy to the partner is a necessary step toward developing ILC skills.

Peter
Старый 14.12.2008, 09:12
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

Цитата:
Ashe,

I do have some experience at spinning hands, and I wasn't constantly being off-balanced - just a gentle reminder here and there to encourage me to re-focus my attention on my structure. Are you planning to attend the Intensive in February?

Peter
i'm all set. airfare is bought and i sent out my form and check a while ago, so i should be locked in. you coming over?
Старый 14.12.2008, 12:24
Peter Peter вне форума

Цитата:
i'm all set. airfare is bought and i sent out my form and check a while ago, so i should be locked in. you coming over?
Yes, it will be the first intensive for me. I'm looking forward to it.

Peter
Закрытая тема

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Поиск в этой теме:

Расширенный поиск