I Liq Chuan International Fourm

Вернуться   I Liq Chuan International Fourm > Iliqchuan in the World > Main Forum

Закрытая тема

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме
Старый 03.05.2007, 10:59
Steve Bobs Steve Bobs вне форума

По умолчанию Training whilst walking

I do a fair amount of walking, I got a little beagle, and was experimenting with the saggital roll in the dantien. The 2 directions had quite distinct differing feelings and helped me visualise the kicking types, ie. stamping or hooking. Anyone else got any training tips for everyday stuff ?
Steve
Старый 03.05.2007, 22:04
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

work on the cycle of absorb and project during walking. later add in expand and condense, you'll notice it's especially obvious in the swing of the arms.
Старый 06.05.2007, 00:24
GONGFU GONGFU вне форума
Administrator

Отправить сообщение для GONGFU с помощью Skype™

Our guys train in the subway. Instead of more quickly to occupy an empty seat, they prefer to go standing in zhanzhuan. Well certainly without a hold a ball.

One pupil went for work to the subway. Before him the back stood the person, and it seemed to the pupil, that his stand somehow strange familiarly. There were many people, not all managed to keep for a handrail. Suddenly a train has strongly rocked. People were tumbled down in the different sides, and the person standing ahead of the pupil by a back to them, has started to rotate in a horizontal circle. " It is exact. Our person. I-Liq chuan. " - pupil has thought. The person has really appeared our pupil.

Последний раз редактировалось GONGFU, 06.05.2007 в 02:43.
Старый 06.05.2007, 12:47

Ashe,
Yeah the walking certainly is interesting and helps me understand doing both the processes at the same time.

Hi Dasha,
The subway is a good place to train for the stability. Also buses and skateboarding. I tend to ride my bike or drive though.

Steve
Старый 08.05.2007, 15:07

Hi Dasha
I just read your last post again and it makes more sense now, the translator makes it seem like you're writing in code
Maybe the man studies an internal art, there is mention on 3 circles in the internal arts forums but the focus seems to be missed by most. Did anyone ask him ?
What other internal styles are practised overthere ?
Steve
Старый 09.05.2007, 22:05
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

Цитата:
Our guys train in the subway. Instead of more quickly to occupy an empty seat, they prefer to go standing in zhanzhuan.
i get a lot of this type of training at work. i ride around on a moving platform with lot's of stop and go, and lot's of changing direction, so i will spend some time practicing "spiraling to recollect".

i think it's good practice, especially for mindfulness and concentration, but i think that it's limited in direct application to our art, since the angles of force are different than with an opponent.

hey, the new hair style suits you by the way.
Старый 10.05.2007, 00:31
Qiang Qiang вне форума

I sometimes do some standing when I'm riding the train back home. Trying to keep the center of gravity feeling is a fun exercise in mindfulness even if the lurching the of train isn't quite the same of force from partner training.

Of course, I'm lazy, so I make a run for an empty seat after a couple of stops.
Старый 10.05.2007, 01:52
Ariel Ariel вне форума

По умолчанию anytime is a good time to practice principles and structure

I am a busy person, wearing many hats. There is no time to set aside for regular training in my life, not even a daily hour outside of my teaching time. Instead, I work on constant mindfulness of my structure and the principles and concepts. I pray for discerment at all times. It is a lofty goal but sometimes I get close.

For example, right now typing, I am consciously of my posture, shoulders down and using my whole body to type. I am aware of the 10 points on the feet and the relationship of knees to toes, etc. Every movement flows if I can maintain awareness. If I know myself here and now, then I know myself when I am spinning. We will see in Tuscon on May 20.

I respectfully disagree with Ashe. Anything we do to consciously practice anywhere anytime is useful. The art and principles of Tai chi is susposed to be translated to our daily life. Ultimately "Tai chi is the art of living."

This approach works for my students too. Mindfulness is a kicker.

Try the ocean current for Zhan Zhuan!

Последний раз редактировалось Ariel, 10.05.2007 в 01:55. Причина: add a point
Старый 10.05.2007, 12:11

Hi Ariel,
I agree that mindfulness is for all moments and that realising this difficulty is part of the process. Also there are specifics that can only be done with a partner that Ashe was refering to, but I think if you are harmonized within yourself then when you are with an opponent you only need to observe and flow with the point of contact.
Incidentally I've added juggling and object balancing into my practice, the angles are different but there seems to be an improvement in sensitivity and awareness.
Also I believe that the benefits of practising this art are beyond being able to fight, it looks to the truth, to being an aware being.
Steve
Старый 10.05.2007, 17:33
ben ben вне форума

I think this kind of training can be directly applicable to the art in that it can help one unify the self. What Ashe says is true (from what I understand of the art) in that this kind of training is limited and does not help to unify the self with an opponent...
Закрытая тема