Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 30.04.2009, 12:16
ensatus ensatus вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ensatus с помощью Skype™

Цитата:
Without this awareness, the practitioner is just waving around his arms, and the form serves no martial purpose.
Peter
As a beginner (which I am), I was first eager to understand the application behind every movement of the form, as it made no sense for me without it. Then however, I was told by my sifu that "one and the same exercise can serve training different purposes. You just have to know what exactly you are training and focus on that." So in my case it was first to focus on my feeling of the body and keeping the structure, and only then appication of separate movements, as one cannot absorb all of this at once when learning. And actually I tend to agree on that - as only when you have succeeded in what you previously were after, you can go to the next level, to the next curve in the upgoing spiral or, if you like, the next layer of the onion, what you guys have been talking about so many times.

Nevertheless, looking into each movement of the form and its application was very useful for progressing and understanding the meaning behind it, and I am thankful to Sigun Sam for showing and explaining that to us.