Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 05.03.2009, 07:59
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

Ok, that's fair enough. But let's talk a bit more about the flavor.
Now the first thing I'll say is I always tell people not to over think or split hairs over an analogy, as that's paying attention to the finger instead of the moon, but I think 'flavor' here is very appropriate.

Let's say I have three bowls of broth, ones pork, ones chicken and the other is beef. Could you tell which is which just by looking at them? Probably not, since broth all looks the same pretty much. You won't know until you make contact with it, that is, put it in your mouth and taste it, and then you can tell the flavor.

Another analogy might be a cotton T-shirt. (I use this one a lot when I'm trying to make a point about being mindful to harmonize with the conditions.) so let's say I'm wearing a cotton shirt. Can you REALLY KNOW what it feels like without touching it for yourself? No, because the quality of the cotton and thread count, etc. Will all affect the quality of how it feels.

So what I'm saying is, if we throw out 'signature moves', then how can we say what any flavor should look like? The only way to really tell is by contact.