Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 02.01.2009, 19:07
Peter Peter вне форума

Smile

Цитата:
... I think overall health has three components, mental, physical and spiritual ... snip ... I think you are specifically refering to physical fitness.
Yes, I was referring to physical fitness, but you bring up an important point: mental and spiritual health are also very important and closely interlinked with each other.

There's yet another aspect that's important to me, but I don't have a word for it. It's sort of the life energy within you that gives you the drive to get things done and enjoy life. People with chronic fatigue syndrome, for example, frequently suffer from a lack of this "life energy" and feel lethargic, exhausted and depressed (for years at a time! It must be horrible).

Most days I wake up brimming with energy, but on some days I feel lethargic and am just glad to get the day over. I don't know what it is that determines the level of this "life energy" (still looking for a better term!) within us. So much of life depends on this internal source of energy, and I wonder if there is a way to develop it, just as you can develop physical fitness.

Peter