Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 08.12.2008, 08:22
Steve Bobs Steve Bobs вне форума

Цитата:
Can someone explain how to cite quotes in these replys?
Hey Chris,
the only way I can do it is to click the quote button on the text you want to quote from and then you get a reply box with the quote in. I then just delete what I don't want to use. I'm sure there's an easier way

On topic, I don't study yoga as such but I do study qigong and there are many different styles and approaches. I seem to understand from what's been posted above that certain poses use (here goes the word with much related debate)' tension' in local muscle groups. This happens in some qigongs as well. My understanding is as Chris said, that they are opposite ends of the scale. Ie 'Iron shirt' vs. 'Cotton Belly' is a valid question for MA, but not so much for health. The whole body moves from relaxation to tension, the heart, the lungs etc. so by 'tensing' the body and relaxing it you are 'helping' it stay healthy. It is also helpful to notice the difference between how you feel in these 2 states. ILc wants you to be relaxed, fine, stay aware, stay relaxed, if your yoga/qigong posture requires the use of local muscle tension then, fine, become aware. Just try not to get confused

my 2 cents

Steve