Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 07.12.2008, 23:35
Chris Newell Chris Newell вне форума

When we train ILC the first step is to practice training to unify the mental and physical and then we train to unify the self with our opponent and the larger environment.
Yoga aims to achieve union as well. Mentally I can see the similariity, some of the principles are similar but physically I can't. I think the 2 practices are complimentary (as VEB and I have both found) and would recommend a good yoga teacher to anyone, but on the physical level I think the approaches are almost opposite.
My yoga experience is with astanga and iyengar. I noticed on the links page on the ILC home page there is a group teaching the UCB program and they have a taoist yoga, maybe that is the missing link for me! Maybe yoga is closer to the zhang zhuang practice mentioned in the UCB program.
VEB think your point about the extent to which one applys bandhas over time is a good one.
I agree that yoga is excellent for muscle group work. This year I've been focusing onthe trans-ab work coupled with engaging the thigh muscles and lifting the knees in order to connect the upper and lower body. This is an excellent practice for stabalisation. It took me a while to get this one but it has a wonderful effect of integrating the whole body.
Can someone explain how to cite quotes in these replys?