Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 07.12.2008, 01:58
VEB VEB вне форума

Цитата:
At our last workswhop Sam talked about focusing your attention on your attention. At some point the mind has to stop the analysis and just being simply aware during your repetative training helps to de-concentrate.
Yes, it looks similar.

Цитата:
I have a yoga practice as well, mostly asanas and pranayama. Although I would decribe them as complimentary I am struggling to find common elements other than at an awareness level. Most of the asanas are not natural poses and at higher levels get a bit extreme to say the least. The bandhas and extensions are not relaxed which is contrary to ILC.
I alsmost do not do any extreme asanas, or "yoga-sport", as we call them at our classes. My are fairly primitive but targeted at working witht the largest group of muscles in the body.

As for the common elements with ILC, there are quite many both for the asansas and bandhas. E.g. when one starts practicing bandgas he uses all his muscles in the areas of interest and uses them very intensivly. As one gets more experience, he can use less muscles and at lower levels to turn on the same reaction in the body. Then he can get to a very-very small level of intensity to turn the reaction of the body (typically parasympathetic). Finally, one can bare think of the reaciton he needs and he gets it.

As I see it, this is VERY similar to the way we train in ILC - we first do the movement, preferably with big amplitude and a lot of power just to feel anything. As soon as we get this feeling, we can refine the movements, gradually decrease the amount of power we put there, etc.

Similar thing (though not that evident) is for asasans - we initally try to be able to get into it, then to keep it the needed period of time. Then we start feel our body better in the asanas, gradually try to refine them - get rid of all the other tensions and turn off other bodies.

If we combine this with high level of Awareness, we can do the asanas and at the same time observe what is going on with the body, as asanas typically influence one or several marmas (meridian points), which in turn do something with our body/mind.

Thus, to me all this is very similar. In ILC we simply train other things using similar principles (as well as some other principles).

Цитата:
And I think that the two practices actually come from different streams, which would explain their differences, in my opinion. The yoga pre-dates chinese MA and is based on ayurvedic knowledge while ILC would link back to traditional chinese medicine via the taoist practice. I guess they are both linked by the transmission of Budhist teachings.
I completly agree with you on the medical/health point of ILC and yoga. However, I somewhat disagree about the Awareness part of it. As far as I know Sam writes in his books and constantly says that ILC is a mix of Taichi and Zen.

So in my eyes we should focus more not on the medical part, but on the menta l- Zen. Zen is a derivative of Budhist that appeared in India. And both Zen and yoga share very many mental principles/approaches.

That is why I see no contradictions between the 2. For me yoga is health plus mental/awarenss(Zen), ILC is Zen plus MAs.

Цитата:
I prefer the ILC approach and find that some of the local yogis take their practice a bit too seriously for me. My eyes glase over when they start on about all of the wonderful transformative aspects of doing a single asana. Of course to get the benefit, 'it has to be done correctly' which might explain why the benefits often seem to fall a bit short of expectations.
As I already mentioned above, I consider myself to be very lucky with my yoga teacher. I do know that around 95% of other yoga present on the market (at least our market) is not even close, can do harm, etc. So I cannot recommend yoga for anyone, especially if there is not a good teach (which really is a problem).

Цитата:
As far as time is concerned I wish I was retired. I find time to practice daily, one way or the other. Yesterday I had a nice 30km round trip peddle down to the Swan river and played around trying to find all of the circles in the saggital plane. I think we need a mathmatition to help!
On one hand I would also like to be retired, but on the other hand, I guess practice is for life, not that life is for practice. And I actually find some beneficial things in other aspects of my life. So I cannot say being retired is critical for me.
As for the circles in the saggital plane - that a problem for me But I guess Sam would help us much better than any mathematician here.