Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 06.12.2008, 13:26
VEB VEB вне форума

Цитата:
Sometimes it is matter of time availability.
Luckily, I got in to some serious time-managed troubles some time ago (around 5 years). So I really had to "upgrade" my TM skills. This gives me more time for things are important to me.

Цитата:
If you want to learn one thing really good, the training takes a lot of time every day. If you want to learn two things really good, you likely get tough time with your family or the boss. Unless you are retired already:-)
I guess, I'm covered from all fronts here . I'm the boss to myself (as well as 45 other people), which gives me some flexibility in my work day (though it's not really short). I also have a good wife that understand me and shares some of the interests (e.g. yoga).

And it's not really 2 things that I'm learning. I cannot say that I learn yoga. I have 3 major types of yoga exercises:
1. 2 times a week for 2 hours classes with my yoga teacher. At these classes I primarily do some static exercises that help to re-build the internal structure of the muscles in a way that is very beneficial to health. One cannot have more than 2 times per week of this, since it is very stressful to the body. The program is about the same for about 3 years. And I'm somewhere in the middle of it. So I have about another 1.5 years to do this before I can move to some serious pranayama (breathing with delays) exercises for another 2-3 years (this will help to rebuild some other structures of the body, as well as brain).
2. (Almost) every day “turn on” exercises that take around 30 minutes and are directed to influence major marmas (similar and typically the same as meridian points in China). And also these exercises turn on the Awareness for the day.
3. Once in a while (maybe several times a week) I do some mental exercises and meditation for about 30-50 minutes.

Thus, combined I spend something like 6-10 hours per week for yoga. Sometimes (3-4 times per year) attend seminars of good teachers.

As for ILiqChuan, yes, this thing I’m learning, while in yoga I’m simply doing, because I know I need that (yoga is much more boring).

So for ILC I try to practice:
1. 2 classes of 3 hours each where I do all the major ILC work – meditation, preliminary exercises, 15 basic exercises, standing meditation and Macrocosmic orbit, form and partner training for sticky and spinning hands.
2. 3-4 times per week (around 1 hour each) I come to the guy we do partner training with and we simply do some of the spinning or sticky hands.
3. Almost every day at home I try to do the form for about 15-20 minutes just before going to sleep (this helps to better build connections between neurons).

Thus, ILC takes me around 12 hours per week.

This means that my combined Yoga and ILC classes take around 20 hours per week.

When I just started doing some active measures I was able to free up around 30 hours per week by simply hiring a driver for myself(who also does some other things for me). And I also had some other things done, so combined I freed up several times more time than I currently spend on Yoga&ILC combined.

Basically yoga gives me physical health and Awareness.
ILC gives me Awareness and MA skills.

And for me there is another important factor here for the time we spend on something. The time spend can be simply doing something. Or we can be Aware of what we do. I guess if we are more aware of what we do 10 hours of practice can easily be equal to 30 hours of less mindful doing exercises.

Цитата:
Once one feels like being good in something already, it is very difficult to give it up in favor of something else. I have been learning Taiji Chuan for 10 years before I started with a sincere study of ILC. Before, there was a pretty long transition period, when I firmly believed that I can profit from both of the arts. Later I experienced and caused some confusions:-) Even later I noticed that it is easier to be focused on one art only. Now, I don't feel like having lost or given up something. Anyway, the principles in both arts are the same.
I agree that I’m to new to understand now that the Awareness concepts both in Yoga and ILC are the same and benefit each other. I do not see any conflict in the physical part of the yoga classes.

But what concerns Awareness in Yoga and ILC, I guess I’ll be able to more knowledgeably say something about it several years later, maybe giving up one of this. But as of now they seem to be the same.