Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 06.12.2008, 06:46
Miro Miro вне форума

Отправить сообщение для Miro с помощью Skype™
Smile

Цитата:
Yes, it really seems to be a quite repetitive process.

And it looks like there are some tricks to make it somewhat faster.

E.g. if one manages to concentrate in such a way that he/she is very perceptive to feelings in the body, it takes much less time for the neurons to build the long-term connections between them, the connections that represent the feelings from some movements.

And in fact it seems to me that it is not exactly concentration. It is rather de-concentration in such a way that mind stops the internal thinking and is rather in such a mode that brain is feeling what is going on in the whole body, in many parts of it (e.g. in 13 points). It is more like meditation.

And concintration is put to keep oneself in this de-concentrate state, so that the objects of attention are not changed, they are just seen/felt as they are.
Hi there,

I agree that the repetition is a good way of training. But not for its own sake. Sifu has often explained in course of his seminars that the attention is concentration on all our senses. So during the training we are supposed to pay attention to the process and to strive to understand how our movement relates to the principles. He also says that the attention is a universal tool.

Thus, the concept of "de-concentration" looks to me pretty like what is called in I Liq Chuan the attention. Or am I wrong?