Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 06.12.2008, 02:47
VEB VEB вне форума

Цитата:
De-concentrate.....I like that VEB. And I agree with you that training can be like a meditation. For me that is the attraction of ILC.
One of the things I admire about Master Sam is his linking the mind/body via the concepts of mindfullness/structure. I think this is a very insightfull and brings the Zen priciples to a dynamic physical practice. And in Zen meditation the so called simplicity of watching the mind belies a lifetime of hard work for most practitioners.
Chris, in fact it's not that I "invented" this term - de-concentration. The first time I've heard it from some Russian psycologist who specializes on extreme situations and mind states similar to meditation.
After that I noticed that the term is quite widely spread between good yoga teachers in Russia. These teachers typically have some medical background and tend to explain things in yoga not only in traditional ways, but also from the point of view of contemporary science. And they are using this term "de-concentration" to describe high-level meditative states in yoga - dhyana and samadhi.
Zen and Yoga have VERY many things in common and basically come from one and the same thing.
And I have to admit that I've been somewhat lucky to find a good and thinkful teacher of yoga and managed to get some small experience not only in physical exercises of yoga, but some phsyco-techniques of yoga.
That is why when I started to study ILiqChuan I was really impressed that the Merge concept of being in the flow, observing, reflecting and high level of Awareness are very similar to higher states in yoga (or de-concentration as this Russian psycologists says).
Simply in yoga you do some other things in such states of your mind. While in ILiqChuan you work on the basic exerices and with the partner to better understand your body, it's abilites and limits, point of contact, changes that come from the partner, etc.

Thus for me I would say that my yoga experience is more beneficial to IliqChuan than the MAs I used to practice before. It looks like I can use yoga's states of minds to do the IliqChuan training, but using something from other MAs would not do any good.

Anyway, maybe it's just my illusion and after some time I will realize that I will have to get rid of this yoga things later to get progress in IliqChuan.

And in fact this is someting Alex told me about in the Russian part of the forum where we tried to discuss this thing. Basically I was recommended to free up my cup from everything else before getting it filled in again this time with ILiqChuan.

Последний раз редактировалось VEB, 06.12.2008 в 02:51. Причина: some typing errors