Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 03.12.2008, 09:22
ashe ashe вне форума

Отправить сообщение для ashe с помощью Skype™

is there anybody in ILC who's not russian? LOL! even i have a ukranian great-grand parent or two.

anyway, there's some things about the clip that i thought were interesting. for instance i would have thought that the idea of slipping a punch was fairly much well within the realm of western boxing, but alex showed me some things last year when i was working with dasha which were very similar and he just basically broke it down into frontal plane and hip roll.

whether or not Sifu teaches that as part of the san da curriculum i don't know, but it sort of opened my eyes a bit to the limits of my understanding of the art.

it was sort of similar to the time we spent watching dekkers v. jamhod. if you only looked at it with a limited sort of understanding then you'd just see a mostly boring thai boxing match, but if you looked at it differently then you saw the sense of timing and distance (which essentially was an expression of their awareness) and even jamhod using some sticky hand to bridge and enter. it really changed the way i look at ILC as well as other arts.