Тема: Dozing off?
Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 28.11.2008, 20:15
VEB VEB вне форума

Цитата:
Sometimes if I meditate lying down I can be mentally alert yet hear myself snoring It makes me think that my body is sleeping without me.
Same here. I also do some yoga classes along with ILiqChuan. And we are having "shavasana" after the classes - lying with lights off, eys closed, etc. This happens quite late in the evening. So sometimes I "dift away".
And within the last 6 months I more and more often undrstand that sometimes a fall asleep and at the same time I'm able to understand this. Sometimes I even see dreams and understand at the same time that I'm doing this.
So it looks like the mind is off, while I'm still consious and aware of what's going on.

Цитата:
Through looking inwards ie 13 points, absorb/project, etc. we are effectively altering our brain states. It's my postulation that we would be best at our art if we operate from an aware Theta state. My reason comes from Sikung's statement that you don't 'win' it's your opponent that 'loses', because your awareness is constantly on yourself , the changing of conditions and maintaining harmony within.
Any thoughts?
Steve
Eactly, I feel absolutly the same. And it looks like without this state of mind we will not be able to feel all the 13 points, etc. We will be limited by the standard 7+/-2 rule.
This deconcentrated state seems to be what we need to be able to see all the points that are important for ILiqChuan.
I can describe this as concentrating on constantly keeping this de-concentrated state at wich you simply notice what is going all with all the 13 points, etc.
And all the ILiqChan training should be done in this state - all the basic exercises, partner work, etc.
And in fact, the whole day should be in the altered state of mind.

Anyone else to joing this discussion?