Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 28.11.2008, 18:08
VEB VEB вне форума

Цитата:
What made the first 4 months so good, and the next 1 1/2 years so mediocre?
Well, maybe it was my case only.

Anyway, within first couple of months of intensive training you get a couple of strikes, a couple of typical ways to protect by either using your hands or moving. And you do get all this within the first months, in my case something like 4 months. Physical/endurance training was also progressing VERY fast initially. So even you are an absolute novice, within a very short period of time you can get some solid skills that can work well in the street, if are trained till the level when they become automatic.

And to get further progress you do have to study many other things like complex combinations, more complex moving, you need to really fine-tune your strikes, etc.
This is definitly important for any martial art. But boxing (at least where I trained) did not posses a very good methodology to give all these things.
Thus, the result was - there were people that peformed really greatly. Them even did some training similar to spinning hands (similar in a way people worked in a very short distance and in such a wait that they did not heart each other and were able to get intensive traning).
But these were talented people.
Others (and it were around 95%) did not perform anywhere close to these results. And the training did not even show a way to that it at end will at all possible. So it took me another 1.5 years to realize that. Of course, I progressed duing this 1.5 years, but not anywere close to the first 4 months.

ILiqChaun is exactly the way to all the things I lacked in boxing - working with the right feelings, having high concousness. So here I feel I'm progressing VERY fast, even much faster than the first 4 month of boxing. And the most interesting thing that I'm surprised after each class. Everytime I find out something SO Big that I missed previously.

However, it even makes me somewhat angry. I'm used that there are typically some learning curves - you get muc progress initially and little later. In IliqChuan so for the curve is upside down - it's an exponentional growth of feellings, understanding, etc.
So this somewhat scares me and I get angry. Because the more I train, the more I see that chances are I will not be able to master all this because of the amount to do ahead of me, it is not getting less each time, it's growing all the time.

Thus, I guess I did not find my limit in ILiqChuan so far. And I hope I will not find it soon.