Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 27.11.2008, 01:15
VEB VEB вне форума

Цитата:
Do you train together with Dima? I had a chance to train with him when I attended some ILC seminars in Poland. It was a lot of fun.
Not exactly with Dima. Dima visits our city once a week on weekends and teaches us (a small group) ILiqChuan.
We started at the end of this spring, but had too little interested people (in spite of Minsk being the capital of Belarus and being almost 10 times bigger than Grodno).
So the classes stopped this summer and I was training myself with a friend of mine.
Luckily this October we resumed the exercises with Dima. So I have a chance not only to use video and guess some things, but to get some mentoring, which really helps, as Dima is a good teacher.
Now we are trying to build a bigger group in Minsk. Currently there are around a dozen of us, so we barely cover Dima's travel to Minsk and back and he is basically teaching us for free.
On my end I try to sponsor the rent for the space we train each weekend.
Thus, with all the joint efforts it looks like the group is growing and we will soon not only have more people for partner work, but will also make the whole thing at least covering all the expenses.

And yes, I like training with Dima, his level is much higher than mine. Unfortunately, he spends most of the time teach students, so I can spent much time doing the partner work with him.

And, I guess, it's not that interesting for Dima to work with such a novice as I